Saturday, February 25, 2006

 
Covers Post

This is a pretty rare feat on account that I can't post any covers you probably haven't seen before, so you should all get on it. I have a bunch of covers on my computer, but I've just collected them from other blogs. Today I'll post some of my favorite covers, but if you're interested in more covers go to Puritan Blister who also has a ton of mash-ups. For all of the savefile covers I posted, you just have to follow the links until you can right click on it and download.

Architecture in Helsinki - Living Without You (Randy Newman)
This cover is absolutely heartbreaking. *Savefile*

Biirdie - We Can't Work It Out (Saturday Looks Good to Me)
I actually prefer this cover to SLGTM's version, which you'll be able to download in the next few days because I'm planning on a big SLGTM post.

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Puff the Magic Dragon (I have no fucking idea)
Why would Will Oldham cover this song? Why do I suddenly sort of like this song in an unironical way? *Savefile*

Mountain Goats - Pet Politics (Silver Jews)
This was like a dream for me when I learned one of my favorite bands was covering my favorite band. John Darnielle does David Berman justice with this one. *Savefile*

Mountain Goats - The Irony Engine (Franklin Bruno)
Again, John Darnielle can do no wrong. *Savefile*

The Vines - Ms. Jackson (Outkast)
Oh man, does this bring back memories of 5th grade when this was the only song I liked. And it really is a good song.

Thursday - Ny Batteri (Sigur Ros) *Note: Follow the link*
I thought this might interest people, so here.

The Faint - Psycho Killer (Talking Heads) (Courtesy of Burning Oak)
Live version of one of the greatest songs ever made.

Rilo Kiley - Let My Love Open The Door (Pete Townshend) *Savefile*
This song's just so happy.

The Pastels - Advice to the Graduate (Silver Jews)
The Silver Jews + C86 = entertainment

Thunderbirds Are Now! - Christmas in Hollis (Run-DMC)
Interesting. That says enough.

Ted Leo - Dancing in the Dark (Bruce Springsteen) (Courtesy of Puritan Blister)
Ted Leo is a master in the art of covers.

Elliot Smith - Thirteen (Big Star)
Arguably the greatest cover of all time. Outshines Big Star's version. *Savefile*

Radiohead - Wonderwall (Oasis)
Radiohead puts an end to all covers of this song.

Mountain Goats - The Boys Are Back In Town (Thin Lizzy) and Ignition Remix (R Kelly)
My favorite cover ever. He switches so easily between the two songs, it's just amazing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?