Sunday, February 26, 2006

 
Eight Legs


Yes, I'm posting about spiders. Because everyone just loves spiders.

Every once in a while, I happen to find a band on Myspace that I really like. I found Voxtrot like a year ago before every single blog in the world was obsessed with them, and I've found other numerous good bands on Myspace.

So when I usually come along a song that really grabs my attention, I download it. Recently, I had become obsessed with this one song called "These Grey Days" by a band that was called Superheroes when I had downloaded it. Then just a week ago, I tried to find their myspace again, but apparently, there are no bands on Myspace that go by the name of "Superheroes."

So anyways, I ended up giving it another try tonight and just searched for them on Google, and I found out that they had changed their name to Eight Legs, which explained why I hadn't been able to find them.

As I found out from their Myspace, they consist of four members (all male) and are located in Stratford-upon-Avon, England. Yeah, that's where Shakespeare was born as I remember from freshman English last year. Oh what great memories. I joke. Actually, Macbeth was pretty bad ass (in lack of a better term to describe him). Okay, enough about Shakespeare. Eight Legs has three songs currently posted on their Myspace, all available for download. I have a feeling that this band can just explode. With influences like THE JAM and The Cure, and pretty much all of britpop, these guys have created some pop songs filled with energy, addicting hooks, and clever lyrics.

Here are the three songs (ALL Highly Recommended) posted on their myspace:
Eight Legs - These Grey Days
Eight Legs - Climb the Walls
Eight Legs - Nihilistic Youth

You can buy their new single "Climb the Walls" here. For only 2.49 pounds! I actually have no idea how much that is in American dollars, but it doesn't seem that much. Anyways, watch out for these guys, any band I find on Myspace and like is destined to become big as I've learned.

Also, if you live in the UK, you can see Eight Legs, at the shows they've listed on their Myspace:

March 30th - 8 PM - The Leigh Arms - Wigan
March 31st - 7:30 PM - Cox's Yard - The Ghetto (??????)
April 6th - 8 PM - Fracture - Tamworth

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
You forgot to mention that Hedi Slimane got them to do the music for the Dior Homme winter 06/07 show. They turned these grey days into a 15 minute song.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?