Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

Hey I'm sorry I couldn't get a lot done today. I've had a fairly busy day and my allergies have been out of control. I'll do three posts tomorrow to make up for it I hope. This is just an old post that I never actually got around to posting:

Of Montreal


Of Montreal isn't actually of Montreal. I always assumed that they were but they're actually from Athens, Georgia alike most fellow members of the Elephant Six Collective. The group is headed by the ingenious Kevin Barnes and Wikipedia jutifies the name for the group as being "created by Kevin Barnes after a failed romance with a woman from Montreal". That kind of explains everything about Of Montreal right there.

For a detailed biography and discography of the band, please visit their Elephant Six site.

So yeah, the album I uploaded is "Cherry Peel". This is an older Of Montreal album that I personally love, when they were at their early lo-fi beginnings in 1997. At about 36 minutes, the album is just pure pop sweetness with mostly every song either concerning love, rejection, and heartbreak. It hints at the future great works that Kevin Barnes and Of Montreal will go on to create. It's a MUST for every Of Montreal fan, and also acts as a good introduction to the band.

Of Montreal - Cherry Peel
http://rapidshare.de/files/13760609/Cherry_Peel.rar.html
Buy Cherry Peel here.

Yeah, I'm supposed to be doing my history homework right now, but I just uploaded the Of Montreal album "The Gay Parade" because I can't help procrastinating. I think it just might be Of Montreal's finest accomplishment to date, their own little deranged pop masterpiece. It's probably one of the best modern pop concept albums. My track listing is partially wrong though, but I think I have all the songs. Idk what happened, I actually own the cd and when I ripped it to my computer, it just gave me wrong song titles. Whatever, it's a great album, even though it was kind of embarrassing to buy in front of my parents. "Hey Sean, what's that you're buying?" "Umm...The Gay Parade."Yeah that was kind of awkward, but I seriously suggest downloading this album if you don't have it.

Come join the parade:

Of Montreal - The Gay Parade
http://rapidshare.de/files/14395599/The_Gay_Parade.rar.html

Buy The Gay Parade here.

Of Montreal albums from other blogs:

From RAWLIKESASHIMI (http://rawlikesashimi.blogspot.com/) :

Of Montreal-Sunlandic Twins
http://rapidshare.de/files/13456894/Om.rar.html

Buy The Sunlandic Twins here.

From Modern Music (http://buluthim.blogspot.com/):

Of Montreal - Deflated Chime, Foals Slightly Flower Sibylline Responses
01. Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games (The Sunlandic Twins)
02. Disconnect the Dots (Satanic Panic in the Attic)
03. Psychotic Feeling (Unreleased)
04. Noir Blues to Tinnatus (Unreleased)
http://rapidshare.de/files/12658135/oontreal.zip

Of Montreal is in the midst of a tour at the moment. Here's the remaining dates:

3-1 - Charlottesville, VA - Satellite Ballroom *** 18+
3-2 - Philadelphia, PA - Starlight Ballroom *** AA
3-3 - New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom *** 18+
3-4 - Portland, ME - Space Gallery *** 18+
3-5 - Cambridge, MA - Middle East (downstairs) *** AA
3-6 - Hanover, NH - Lone Pine Tavern @ Dartmouth Univ. (VERY SMALL)
3-7 - Montreal, QC - Le Tulipe AA
3-8 - Toronto, ON - Mod Club Theatre AA
3-9 - Ann Arbor, MI - Blind Pig (with Fashion Flesh) AA
3-10 - Chicago, IL - The Metro 18+
3-11 - Urbana, IL - Canopy Club **** 18+
3-12 - Omaha, NE - Sokol Underground **** AA
3-13 - Lawrence, KS - The Bottleneck **** AA
3-18 - New Orleans, LA - One Eyed Jack's 18+
3-24 - Athens, GA - 40 Watt Club 18+

-Sean


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?