Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 
I heard from some music blog I visit daily (I forget which in particular) that Conor Oberst said in an interview with Rolling Stone that he's not releasing anything in this year of 2006 (at least under the moniker Bright Eyes, Desaparecidos is long overdue for a sophmore album). Whether this news makes you ecstatic or lingering on suicide (I suppose you could be somewhere in between but in reality, you either LOVE Bright Eyes or HATE them), I have some pre-Bright Eyes stuff to keep you occupied through the year.

I'll admit I love Bright Eyes. And I have no shame about that at all. But when I initially read a description of one of Conor's precursor to his Bright Eyes days called Park Ave., I did a double take. Conor Oberst at the drums? Are you serious? What can't this guy do? And wait, is that the drummer of the Faint Clark Baechle on guitar? So anyways, I was hesitant at first, thinking that this band was just a joke. (Which it very well might have been.) But I ended up downloading their only album "When Jamie Went to London...We Broke Up", and was pleasantly surprised. The album contains nine tracks and is just pure heatfelt pop music. My favorite songs on the album are called "Lachrymose/Obsequious/Vehement/Elated" (a clever acronym for LOVE, eh?) and "All Boy Band." Listen for yourself.

Here's Park Ave's sole album "When Jamie Went to London...We Broke Up"
http://rapidshare.de/files/13826317/_1999__-_When_Jamie_Went_to_London...We_Broke_Up.rar.html

Comments:
i am no bright eyes hate fan, but i think bright eyes is overrated. good blog here. keep it up
 
Bright Eyes is an amazing band that truly shows what the emo genre can bring. Park Ave. is an excellent band and quite humorous considering it contained a perverted guitarist that later went on to make the Blank Wave Arcade album for the Faint. You also forgot to mention that a Tilly and the Wall member is also present in this band. Nice blog, keep up the good work.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?