Thursday, February 23, 2006

 
Isn't the point of a music blog supposed to be directing you towards new music? Bands you've never heard of? Yeah, so I should probably stop with my posts about Bright Eyes and Belle and Sebastian. (even though I most likely won't) But anyways, today I'll be reporting to you on a band called Eux Autres.

Back in May 2005, I saw the Magic Marker compilation off-line which you can buy here. (Actually it's the same one I was talking about last post) It had a few bands I really liked like Tullycraft and the Lucksmiths (I was stuck in a total twee phase, and still kind of am), so I ordered it. When I received it, I rushed upstairs to go play it and when I got to Track 7 "Le Project Citron" by Eux Autres, I knew I was in love. Too bad it couldn't have been a girl though. But still at the moment, I could find no fault at all in the world and I still cannot when I listen to their wonderful music.

They're seemingly heavily influenced by French 60's pop and other bands such as the Vaselines. Here are some MP3's they have posted on their website:

Eux Autres-Ecoutez Bien
Eux Autres-Other Girls
Eux Autres-The Sundance Kid
Eux Autres-Partick Nil
And here's a clever short animated film of their song "Ecoutez Bien"

You can stream and/or purchase their album "Hell is Eux Autres" (We can only pray it really is) here. For $9.99, calling it a bargain would be an understatement.

You can also be their friend at their MySpace.

Comments:
For the record, in french eux autres means "others" and there's a famous Sartre quote in No Exit that "hell is others," in case you weren't aware. It's a good play, you should read it if you get a chance. In fact, I think it happens to be sitting on the bookshelf in your room (your brother has his own copy so he shouldn't've stolen it). It's a play that's set in hell. Quite entertaining.
 
p.s. you're a good writer keep it up!
p.p.s. see you in a couple weeks
 
For the record, it's "them others." And there's a lots of famous quotes that have the word "them" or "others" in them, so you should really go read things that have these words in them.

I see you speak English and use the word "the" in your post. That's a reference to James Joyce's Ulysses, isn't it?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?