Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 
65daysofstatic

One Time for All Time

Feeling restless? Sad? Confused? Angry? I have found you the perfect aid for every ailment: 65daysofstatic. One dose of “One Time for All Time” will have you coming back for more and more and more…

It’s epic electronic/instrumental post-rock. Yeah. I don’t even know how to describe this stuff. Think Mogwai meets Radiohead meets Sigur Ros meets Explosions meets Godspeed! …Okay, that’s kind of vague, yes, but I think that the guys of 65dos have it in their minds to give you something completely different than you’ve ever heard before. Gosh, have they accomplished that!

Now, I am shivering in anticipation to tell you about my favorite tracks. They are, incidentally the first and last songs on the album. Don’t get me wrong. The middle is anything but boring; There’s never a dull moment with these guys. It’s chaos. They sure do know how to hook you in and close with a bang, though. I am partial to #1 “Drove Through Ghosts to Get Here” because of the SWEET keyboard melody & the breakdown ¾ of the way through. The precise beats and ritard at the end of the song leave you screaming for more, and more is what you get. Oh, yes. You will sit at the edge of your seat for another half hour (9 tracks in total) listening to the intricate rhythms and unexpected brick walls of guitar noise cleverly crafted in at all the right places. #9 Radio Protector is a beauty. The first time I heard it, I was asking myself “Earthquake?” Ground-trembling my friends. The earth shakes.

SIDE EFFECTS OF 65DOS OTFAT:

Just remember: You can always press pause. Remember to breathe.


9 Songs, 37 minutes. Released October 2005.

DOWNLOAD

BUY


I WOULD JUST LIKE TO MAKE A NOTE THAT TODAY WAS PI DAY (3.14), AND SEAN WON THE COMPETITION FOR MEMORIZING THE MOST DIGITS OF PI. (LET'S ALL CONGRATULATE HIM!) I THINK IT WAS 92 DIGITS. CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, SEAN, BUT THAT'S QUITE A FEAT. (I'm done at 3.14159) I EXPECT TO SEE IN YOUR PRIZE T-SHIRT VERY SOON.


Comments:
holy crap, 92 digits!
that's impressive.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?