Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 
Akron/Family - Akron/Family

Weird folk electronic pop music. "Before and Again" is a great opener. Some people absolutely love this album, claiming it the best album of 2005. I think it's pretty good, and if you're into experimental folk, you'll probably love it.

"I'll Be on the Water" is one of the sweetest songs I've heard in a while. It's just really cute.

"Running, Returning" might be the best song on the album though
I'm not sure how I really feel about this album yet.

I'll start a rating system I think:

RATING: 4 out of 5

Good idea, Sean, my boy.

I'm not crazy about this album, but I like it. I think it'll grow on me.

Pitchfork gave it an 8.0 if you cared to know. Go there for a longer review.

Akron is Family

I really need to stop with the lame link titles.



You can buy it here.

I'll be back later with one more post if all goes as planned.
-Sean

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?