Saturday, March 18, 2006

 
Beulah - Yoko Demo

I love Beulah. They're probably one of my favorite bands ever. Anyways, Yoko is the most personal album that Beulah made, and it's one that even though it may not make a real strong impression on you now, it will definitely grow on you. I love this demo, and it's of excellent quality considering that they were recorded in the living room of one of the band's members. Also, you get to enjoy some commentary of the band like "I fucked up that bit" after "Your Mother Loves You Son." I admit I've never heard the actual studio album, but the demo is an emotional last effort from a band redefining their sound, and succeed in doing so effectively. While I don't think it's as good as "When Your Heartstrings Break" days, which is one of my favorite albums, again like I said about Islands, if you go into this not comparing this album to their previous work, you will probably enjoy it.

This demo isn't offered on Amazon, but you can buy it here.

Download.

Be back later I hope.

-Sean

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?