Friday, March 31, 2006

 
The Clash - The Clash (UK)

London Calling will always hold a special place in my heart for being the album that made me fall in love with music. But the Clash's debut is the Clash at their rawest and punkest. I love it almost as much as London Calling. One of the classic punk albums of the late 70's. Absolutely brillaint, can't say how much I love this. I might be biased because I think the Clash may just be the greatest band ever, but still this album, like London Calling, is absolutely awesome. I could dissect it probably for an hour or so, but I'll spare you. "White Riot", "Career Opportunities", and my favorite Clash song "Janie Jones". With alternating vocals between Joe Strummer and Mick Jones, three chord guitar riffs that are catchy as hell, and sharply political angry songs, there's not a bad song on it. ESSENTIAL for all fans of punk rock and/or the Clash, as is London Calling.

Download

Buy it here.

Be back tomorrow, I'm watching King Kong.
-Sean

Comments:
You are absolutely right, The Clash is the best band ever and this album is as good as London Calling. I love its fresh sound, i fucking love it too. Its also Mick Jones favourite.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?