Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas

I just picked up this cd at my local library a few months ago without ever listening to them before, and it caught me completely by surprise. I had never really been a fan of the shoegaze genre, for example I just never liked Loveless by My Bloody Valentine, which supposedly was a masterpiece according to everyone else I knew. But the song orchestrations on this album matched with the beautiful vocals helped make me realize the beauty of shoegaze pop. At least in the Cocteau Twins. The entire album seemingly floats on like a dream. Released in 1990, if you're feeling a little stressed, and need to be relaxed, download this.

Oh yeah, my rating.

Rating: 4 1/2 out of 5

Heaven or Las Vegas. Listen here.


You can buy it here.

-Sean, be back tomorrow. (Or new bloggers!!! Be nice to them!!!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?