Thursday, March 16, 2006

 
Detachment Kit - They Raging. Quiet Army

Yet another good punk rock band Frenchkiss Records throws our way, the Detachment Kit are one of those high-energy bands that gets my heart racing whenever I listen to them, and feel like throwing my body into someone else's. Even though that would never happen because I'm not very physical in thw way. So yeah, The Detachment Kit is the pop kid's hardcore band. Even though they're not really hardcore.

Whether you think you're just Les Savy Fav imitators, I don't really care. They're just a good band.In fact, they're probably one of the bands that I experience the most enjoyment from when I listen to them. They Raging. Quiet Army starts out with a great opening song with a tremendous guitar hook on the song "High Seas." Later on, I just feel like screaming my head off during the two songs "Dead Angels Make Slow Sound" and "Sitting Still Talking About Jets", my favorite two on the album. There are lighter moments on the album in a few poignant songs such as "The Euphio Question" and "Never Hear Your Words." However, this is the Detachment Kit at their hardest and rawest, and while I still prefer their more recent album "Of This Blood" this album is definitely worthy of a download.

10 songs, about 43 minutes

Your ghost is nothing but a foreign memory

Buy it here.

I have no school tomorrow so I should be able to make another post tonight. Check back.
-Sean

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?