Friday, March 17, 2006

 
Eric's Trip - Peter EP

Hey everyone, Happy St. Patrick's Day! I have a treat for you all today.Well, I was at FYE last night, and I noticed that they had this hard-to-find EP by the beloved indie rock 90's band Eric's Trip (yes, named after the Sonic Youth song) on sale for $5! Well, I was happy considering it's going on Amazon for like $70 at the moment. Anyways, this EP by the Canadian band on Subpop contains six songs and runs only 17 minutes, a nice little quick cd that's very enjoyable. For fans of Sebadoh, Guided by Voices, etc. Released in 1993 by Murder Camp Records. This is 90's garage rock at its best and noisiest, recorded on a 4-track in a bedroom, the best song by far is "Haze" which is one of the defining songs of the 90's in my opinion, but the other tracks all are good for the most part, including the upbeat tune sung by Julie Dorion on this EP "Happens All The Time" that I'm listening to right now and loving. Essential for fans of Eric's Trip and worth checking out if you're not...yet.

Always In My Eye

I'd tell you to buy it somewhere, but you can't for this one! Unless you pay $70 or get lucky like me.

I'll be back later with some post(s). Until then, I hope you enjoy yourselves. As for me, I've got a bag of popcorn the movie Leperchaun waiting.
-Sean

Comments:
Sean! I was in FYE last night, too! Were you in Trumbull?

In any case, I haven't heard Eric's Trip but I'm a Julie Doiron fan. This looks interesting.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?