Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 
The Fiery Furnaces - EP

First off, I just want to congratulate my friend Giselle on a wonderful first post and a great follow-up, and hope you all welcome her to the blog as I'm sure you all have already.

But on to the music: A 41-minute EP? By a pop band? The truth is that, as everyone will probably tell you, this "EP" is more than just an EP, it's a great album containing Fiery Furnaces b-sides and singles to date.

This is the Fiery Furnaces at their most accessible and poppiest. Personally, this is my favorite of theirs. I have no idea how these songs can possibly be b-sides.

The opening song "Single Again" is pretty much the perfect song to start off this album or EP or whatever you want to call it. It'll make those of you who are in a relationship want to be single again, and those who are single, something to temporarily forget your struggles in relationships. Key word mates: temporarily. Whatever, enough about me. Ha. Okay. Anyways, I really dig this "EP", one of my top picks of 2005.

The sweet, cute melodies of this EP will hopefully have singing along at the top of your lungs, and then if you're like me, attempting to dance. Again, key word: attempting. The wailing voice accompained with the distorted guitars, plus weird, but appealing electronics on some of these songs, make this album definitely a good addition to any music library.

I don't want to go into further detail, because you should be spending this time listening!

10 songs of pure pop genius


Buy it here.


Giselle and/or I should be back with more posts tomorrow. Plus we've just added a girl named Emily to the mix, but that should be it for a while. Also, as I've noticed Giselle's been doing, I've switched to Megaupload mostly just because it's easier, and the transfer rate's faster.
-Sean

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?