Friday, March 17, 2006

 
The Good Life - Album of the Year

Album of the year? That's a pretty audacious title to name your album, but The Good Life, of Saddle Creek Records, back up the claim pretty well here.

I expected something completely different hearing it was a side project of Cursive, but the Good Life are a lot poppier. There are some major delights on this album including the snappy upbeat spotlight "Lovers Need Lawyers" that strangely reminds me of Beulah a lot. The rest of the album contains more sweet pop melodies with heartfelt, and at times, brillaint lyrics of Tim Kasher. It's mostly mellow throughout, but it has its moments like the catchy piano-driven tune "Notes in His Pocket".

Overall, I enjoyed this album much more than I could have possibly anticipated, I was just gonna review it and then delete it from my computer, but now it's staying. Quite possibly the best thing Saddle Creek has produced other than Bright Eyes.

12 songs, 53 minutes

Download the Album of the Year



Buy it here.

I have nothing to do tonight except watch movies, and I have to wake up early tomorrow morning to tutor inner-city kids. Oh joy. Be back with more post(s) tomorrow or maybe later tonight.
-Sean

Comments:
Tim Kasher is so talented. I never get tired of this album.
 
Thanks, great record!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?