Saturday, March 11, 2006

 
The Microphones - Don't Wake Me Up

Phil Elverum, I feel you.
It sucks to be woken up, especially to go to school for 6 hours that doesn't even have WinRar on its computers. And it won't let me download it either.

I don't think that's what he meant but whatever.

At the moment, I'm not a huge fan of the Microphones or Mount Eerie. But they're one of those bands that I can see myself really getting into one day.

I don't have enough time to listen through all this album today, but I like the songs I've listened to so far. Plus I'm lazy. One thing I loved though is the "Good Vibrations" sample in the song "Florida Beach."

So here's Pitchfork's review: (Pitchfork Rating: 8.2)

15 songs, 40 minutes

Don't Wake Me Up


You can buy it here.

Be back tomorrow hopefully with two posts so check back.

-Sean

Comments:
you should try to get into the glow pt. 2 or the album mount eerie, if you haven't already.
they're both really great albums
i haven't heard this one yet, but i'm pumped to hear it!
MAtt (oh no)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?