Monday, March 27, 2006

 

N.E.R.D.
In Search Of...

N
o one ever really dies. Or at least that's what N.E.R.D. would say. The Neptunes (Chad Hugo and Pharrell Williams) got together with their friend, vocalist Shay, to create a novelty to the world of R&B. Their album "In Search Of" was made available to the UK in 2001 and re-recorded with live instrumentation by Minneapolis funk band Spymob for a US release in 2002. I offer you the latter, which is reminiscent of the likes of Jamiroquai (all about the funk, if you're not familiar).

Not everyone is a fan of this album. Pitchfork gave it a mere 6.0, in fact, but that's just one opinion in the sea of many. I happen to find this album extremely catchy, clever, and fun. Well, I'd reccommend a listen if you like anything along the lines of Outkast's "Stankonia".

I pray to God I make it home alive, I don't get pulled over by the man

I just want to make it home to hold your hand

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?