Friday, March 17, 2006

 
Patrick Wolf

Let me just start my saying that I am in love with Patrick Wolf. Continuing on…

Wolf began recording at the age of eleven and was discovered when he was only sixteen, at which time he toured with a European orchestra (explaining his tendency to include violins, violas, and the like in his current stuff). He also joined a French punk band (Maison Crimineaux) in his late teens. Now twenty-one, he will croon to you about mythology and make you feel his agony.

His genre? Electro-folk pop. His voice? It’s a little something I like to call “asdfhfuckingamazingksdjfksd”, which may be translated to “please sing to me all day in your British accent, thank you.”

Wolf's name is actually just an alias. Okay, so he’s kind of obsessed with lycanthropy (werewolves). He incorporates this into his music by condensing passages of folklore to express his troubled childhood. The way he writes is raw and revealing; I commend him for his courage in telling all. His cynicism is blatant, but the way he crafts it through intricate melodies is mesmerizing.

It is my belief that the romantic Patrick Wolf is a dark genius; a dreaming artist and visionary with so much to offer.


Wind in the Wires
13 songs, 46 minutes
Teignmouth: My favorite Patrick Wolf song. So beautiful.
(BUY)


Lycanthropy
13 Songs, 42 minutes
The Childcatcher: Probably the creepiest song I've ever heard.

(BUY)

Comments:
thanks
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?