Thursday, March 30, 2006

 
Suburban Kids With Biblical Names

What's that you say? "Oh Emily, I loved your swedish pop post! I downloaded I'm From Barcelona and then proceeded to soil myself with glee!" Well then don't throw your underwear in the wash just yet, my friend. I bring you more music from the fine Scandinavian country of Sweden.

Suburban Kids With Biblical Names started my whole swedish pop frenzy. I listened to their song "Rent a Wreck" and was immediately hooked. So catchy! So many "ba ba ba"s! So cute without being overly saccharine! The band is made up of Johan Hedberg and Peter Gunnarsson. They play shiny pop songs with clever Stephin Merritt-esque lyrics. Let's get to it.


#1
This is their first EP. 4 songs long, #1 is a must-have for first time listeners. It includes the unusually cheery "Love Will," a break up song in which the guys slyly mention Joy Division. Yeah. Get it? Yeah. I love this EP.

#2
4 more songs for your enjoyment. "Funeral Face" is very island-y and "Teenage Poetry" is very funny.


#3
#3 is their debut album. All 12 songs are so so good. Handclaps? Check. Whistling? Check. Other aural awesomeness? Check. Sweet Jesus, I love this genre.


Buy everything here, from one of the greatest labels ever.

-emily

Comments:
the links to the albums don't work

it just comes up as a blank file, not even as a rar

just thought i should let you know
 
Thanks! I didn't have the first two. :)
Matt (Oh No!)
 
they seem to be working for me, alex.

i don't know if anyone else is having a problem...
 
The links aren't working for me either. Same problem as Alex.
-k
 
thanks! I've been looking for these for son long. The links work for me. Just a note, WinRAR works for zip files too I believe.
 
SKwBN are GR8, many thanks and pls. keep posting.
johninlondon
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?