Monday, April 10, 2006

 
100th post!!! Yay!!!

Optiganally Yours Presents: Exclusively Talentmaker!
I bought this a while back after hearing two pretty awesome songs by this band and knowing that they were along the same lines of the much beloved E6 and all that, plus they were on a record label that could do no wrong: Absolutely Kosher. To sum it up shortly, this album is tantamount to "The Gay Parade" if Of Montreal weren't so energetic and "gay". Some songs aren't all that great, but the majority of them are great pop songs including my favorites: the simple but infectious "Nonpartisan", the Gay Parade-esque "Poodleman", and the relaxingly wonderful song "Gepetto" about being stuck inside a whale. If you didn't make the connection, well wow, it's from Pinnochio. If you're a fan of the Elephant Six Recording Company, this band is right up your alley.

Another great album from Absolutely Kosher Records


Buy it here.

Sorry for the late post today. I'm not gonna be able to make one tomorrow because I have my first track meet which is from like 3 to 9. So yeah, I have to go read Frankenstein. But anyways, 100th post, wow. I haven't had all that great of a day. I'm kind of upset. Not over anything in particular. More just because of the lack of something in particular if you know what I mean. Rececntly, I've been feeling that a lot. I just can't wait for this school year to be over. This week actually, because then I have a ten day vacation or so. People are way too confusing sometimes. Sorry for this rant, time for Mary Shelley. Bye.
-Sean

Comments:
congrats! thank you all for providing awesome music!

john
 
I am loving these guys. At first I was like.. this sounds like the singer of Pinback playing with The Unicorns. Then I read that it was the singer from Pinback. How have I never heard of these guys before. Great post. TJS from Oh No!
 
http://theindieconnection.blogsome.com/2006/04/12/no-things-no-things/

This post has alot to say about whole album posting. FYI
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?