Monday, April 03, 2006

 
The Essex Green - Cannibal Sea

The new full-length by these Elephant Six veterans is what I guess I expected from the band. Nothing spectacular, but definitely worth a listen. Has some great pop songs on it, not much more to say, it's a good cd. Pitchfork just reviewed this album today and gave it a 7.2 which seems about right to me. Read the review here.

My favorite song's either "Elsinore" or "This Isn't Farm Life." It's a solid pop album, full of hooks, it'll be a good listen.

12 songs, 40 minutes or so

Download it here.


Buy it here.


This might be my only post for today. On another note, the baseball season started and so far, I'm pretty much owning in my fantasy baseball league. (Okay Sean, we don't care.)
-Sean

Comments:
Thanks for this. And the site as a whole. Great stuff.
 
Good find. I quite like this album.. & see that AMG rated it very highly. Thanks, great site too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?