Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 
I haven't done an mp3 post in forever so I think it's about time. I started out planning to do mostly mp3's but somehow got caught doing only full albums. mp3 posts are a great way to find new music, without having to take the effort to download an entire album. so yeah, here we go now:
el boxeo
You can say all you want about myspace, I really don't care, but it still does not take away the fact that it's a great tool to find new music. One of my more recent finds was the band el boxeo. I can't describe their sound much better than they themselves do on their Myspace:
"Electric violin, fuzzed out bass, busy drums, occasional vocals."

But they left out fucking awesome. Apparently, they're coming out with their first full length Awake and Dreaming on Suburban Sprawl Music. This is highly recommended for fans of violins and violas in rock bands and all those post-rock kids. This isn't really post-rock, it's more like roast-pock. Oh yay, I just invented a genre. Is pock even a word? I don't think so. Anyways, as I've thought about it, I guess this is post-rock so forget what I just said. Then they throw in the celestial vocals of the girl violinst at sometimes to complement the superb instrumentation to create some absolutely beautiful songs. The point is I really love these songs that they've made available on their website and on their Myspace.

el boxeo - New Science
el boxeo - Let’s Get Mythological
el boxeo - Devotion
el boxeo - Venture to the Black Lodge
el boxeo - the Rope
el boxeo - Tokyo (my favorite***)
el boxeo - Floating in an Orange

el boxeo's Myspace

Their website

I'm still going to be doing mostly album posts, don't worry, but from now on, I'll jazz it up with an mp3 post from a band relatively new to me. By the way, I fell asleep reading Frankenstein last night and I never finished it. I still think I did farily well on the test though. By the way, it was nothing like the movie. Be back tomorrow.
-Sean

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?