Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 
It's William Shakespeare's birthday today. Kind of. Not really, it's unknown, but today was the day he was baptised. So in the current theme of things, I'll post something that relates to this day:

Rilo Kiley - The Execution of All Things

Their best album in my opinion. If you don't like this, let's just face it, you have no soul. This album's hard to critique, it's just got some amazing songs on it. The title song, "A Better Son/Daughter" and "With Arms Outstretched" will have you begging for more after this album's over. There are some moments on this album where I'm just in awe at the pop writing abilities of Blake Sennet and Jenny Lewis, utilizing a medley of instruments and producing songs both enjoyable and addicting. As a whole, I can really only describe this album as a beatiful country-tinged rock record with intelligent fresh lyrics. And I might have forgot to mention this, but the voice of Jenny Lewis will melt you. Interpret that as you wish. But please go out and support the band. 12 songs, 48 minutes

Buy the album here.

If you need a test though:

This place was built for moving out.

(I had a godawful joke about Jenny Lewis here.) But if anyone associated with the band Rilo Kiley does want it taken down, please don't sure me or something. Instead just e-mail me at kokakola613@yahoo.com and I'll take it down immediately. Same goes for any other things posted on this blog.

In other news, Past Tense has been posting some great albums over there. I highly advise you to go and burshen up on your musical history. They just posted sweet albums, one by the Small Faces and one by the Faces.

I used to like three posts a day, and now I'm lucky (well I guess you'd be lucky) if I do one post every three days. Sorry about that. I should be back with another post sometime before this month's over hopefully.
-Sean

Comments:
by far their best!
 
Yeah, it's the best Rilo Kiley album, but I liked Rabbit Fur Coat better than any of them. You're right about Jenny Lewis's voice, though.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?