Sunday, April 09, 2006

 
The Mountain Goats - Tallahassee

I uploaded this a helluva long time ago, but forgot that I never posted it. There's a constant battle between this one and All Hail West Texas as my favorite Mountain Goats album. Even though in the end All Hail West Texas probably gets the nudge, Tallahassee remains an amazing album with songs that will just lift your spirits like the classic "No Children". Haha, honestly, "No Children" is one of the most depressing songs ever made, but I can't help but laugh when I listen to it. Highlights: "See America Right", "No Children", "Game Shows Touch our Lives", "First Few Desperate Hours", and my favorite Mountain Goats song ever apart from "Color in Your Cheeks", the final song on this cd "Alpha Rats Nest".

14 songs, 45 minutes. This is the first Mountain Goats cd I listened to, and it hooked me from there:

The night is lovely as a rose

If I see sunlight hit you I'm sure that we'll both decompose.

-Sean

Comments:
can you re-up this one in a future post?

MH
 
here is a good link to Tallahassee and Sunset Tree.

http://www.cs.uri.edu/~whittakt/public/music/
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?