Friday, April 14, 2006

 
Neutral Milk Hotel - Hype City Soundtrack

Honestly, compared to their actual albums, this does not even compare. It's not very good quality, but it is interesting tp see Jeff Mangum and NMH in their early stages. One of the reasons I'm posting this is because it isn't available elsewhere so it's relatively guilt-free, but another one is that I think Neutral Milk Hotel is one of the best ever as I'm sure most of you readily agree with. The entire album's just 11 songs of unpolished, but nonetheless impressive songs, hinting at the genius of Jeff Mangum and the masterpieces he would create in On Avery Island and In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. Worth having for completists, but otherwise, it's not really all that great of an album, but like I said before, it's fascinating to see the early stages of some of my favorite NMH songs like "Gardenhead" and "The King of Carrot Flowers Part 2-3" (called "Synthetic Flying Machine" on Hype City). It ends with "Engine" another great NMH song.

11 songs, I think 7 them not featured on the three NMH releases, a little less than 29 minutes:

Neutral Milk Hotel - Hype City


I seriously doubt Jeff Mangum will care whether I psot this album, seeing as you can't really buy it. I'll be back either later today or tomorrow. I'm rather looking forward to this vacation.
-Sean

Comments:
Do you have any of the other early Neutral Milk Hotel demo's?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?