Monday, April 03, 2006

 

Pas/Cal - The Handbag Memoirs

The Indie Connection recently posted Pas/Cal's second EP, Oh Honey, We're Ridiculous. Today I bring your their first EP, The Handbag Memoirs. This here is some mighty fine indie pop, folks. Since I am lazy and don't feel like writing in complete and comprehendible sentences, I will attempt to quickly but thoroughly review this by going through each track and mentioning what I like/think about it. Yes.

01 The Bronze Beached Boys (Come On Let's Go) - How Casimer Pascal's voice goes up on the occasional "go-o-o!" The handclaps.
02 I'd Bet My Life That You Bet Your Life - The sweet sleigh bells. The enthusiastic "That's right!" near the end of the song and drumming that follows. The handclaps.
03 I Wanna Take You Out in Your Holiday Sweater - The entire song, thanks. The trumpet. The mention of my favorite article of clothing. The handclaps.
04 Grown Men Go-Go - This is Pas/Cal at their tuffest..don't mess. The handclaps.
05 Marion/Mariam - Everything after 2:29 in this instrumental piece.
06 This Ain't for Everyone - The unpolished quality of this song. The vocals are particulary nice on this track.

The Handbag Memoirs

Buy it here

In other news, we're getting comment spam. Exciting!

-emily

Comments:
i'm a fan (these guys rule). although, they need to put out more stuff. i've got the "o honey we're ridiculous" ep--but i think this one is better.

thanks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?