Friday, April 07, 2006

 
Portugal. The Man. - Waiter: "You Vultures"

So yeah, congratulations to the Blood Brothers and TV on the Radio. Apparently they got together sometime earlier this year, and had a child called Portugal. The Man. Ha, lame, I'm joking, but that's the impression I got after listening to this album, which seems to be somewhere between those two bands, while bearing similarities to Blonde Redhead. I like this album, it's kind of hard to describe though, particularly the genre of music. It's definitely got its indie/emo/hardcore influences but then it'll just throw in some r&b, and they combine it all to make an album sort of reminiscent of The Faint without all the synthesizers. Apparently this Alaskan band is the offshoot of the broken-up band Anatomy of a Ghost, but I've never heard them. My favorite song's either "AKA M80 The Wolf" or "Marching With 6", with its ridiculously catchy riffs and Blood Brothers-like vocals. The album's not fantastic, but I think it's worth checking out. You might not like it all that much, but I think it's a good listen. I can't constantly post only music that I love because after a while I'd have nothing more to post. Plus opinions differ, you may love this album for all I know. Give it a shot.

13 songs, about 53 minutes

Waiter: "You Vultures"


Buy it here.

It was my great-aunt's 80th birthday today, so I had to go over there and have cake and all that so I just got home, sorry for the late post. And now there's a lightning storm outside. Be back tomorrow.
-Sean

Comments:
good album!
 
thx for this one!
greetings earthling
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?