Saturday, April 08, 2006

 
Superchunk - Foolish

Not only the best Superchunk album in my opinion, but also one of the best albums Merge released in the 90's. They're just a great rock band and this is a great rock cd. It's slower than their previous material, in an attempt to tackle the art of mid-tempo songs and they succeed. It starts out with "The Fool" which is a classic build-up song. My favorite song on this cd's either "Why Do You Have To Put A Date On Everything?" or "Driveway to Driveway". Most of the songs are just bitter songs about unrequited love. Apparently this was written following the breakup of co-founders Laura Balance and Mac Mcaughn, which explains that. There's not much more to say about this album, you'll have to listen for yourself as usual.

Don't Be Foolish. Download this.

Or even better, buy it here.


I just took a nap. I'm thinking about going to the play tonight. I really want to see it, but I don't really have anyone to go with. So for now I'm watching Escape From L.A.
-Sean

Comments:
I have to concur with you on the importance of this album. It was in my opinion Superchunk's finest hour. The album has a pacing and momentum that was perfect to their style.
Appreciated by many but is owed much more.
 
"Simply The Best"

--Tina Turner
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?