Thursday, April 06, 2006

 
This is the second post I did on the blog, and since a lot of you haven't probably gone to the archives, I thought I'd repost it because I just love it so much. Apart from The Best Party Ever by The Boy Least Likely To (which is my favorite album of this millenium so far), I think this is the best album made in 2005. It's only 10 songs, and 30 minites, but it's one of the most personal albums I have. I liked it from my first listen, and now after repeated listens, I love it. It just really will connect with you. This one's highly highly recommended if you don't already have it.

So here's the post from the archives:

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Broom

Initially, I didn't expect that I'd really like this band that every one was raving so much about. (eg CHYSY) But I downloaded their album Broom, which you can order off their site, and although this band may rival Clap Your Hands Say Whatever as worst band name of the year, I was delightfully surprised by their music. It's 10 songs and just about half an hour in length, but each song is wonderful. Easily one of the best albums of 2005, regardless of what Pitchfork says, who gave them only a 6.9.

Highlights Include: Download the album! The whole damn album's a highlight. But if I had to pick, my favorite song's the ninth track, "Anne Elephant".

Here you can download their debut masterpiece Broom.

You can also download their live acoustic song called "Accident" at their site. Or here too, why not.

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin-Accident

Buy Broom here.

Well, that post didn't really count since it's from the archives, so maybe I'll be back with another one later.
-Sean

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?