Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 
Shearwater

In case you weren't aware, Shearwater will be releasing their new full-length album Palo Santo on May 9th. My brother and sister saw them on tour with the Mountain Goats a while back and that's how I came to know about them. My brother bought their cd Winged Life at the show, and it's just marvelous. Even though you may have heard of this band as an Okkervil River side project, this band truly emerges as a separate entity on this album. I'm a huge Okkervil fan, but Shearwater has written some absolutely amazing pop songs, including one of my all time favorites "The Convert" which will leave you in a daze.

Here's an mp3 from the new album they posted on their site. For this one they ship out the piano, and create an all-around moving song. I'm not really sure if I should call it bitter or beautiful, well see for yourselves:
Seventy-four, Seventy-five

And here is another one I just found on Misra Records:
White Waves

It's pretty good as I'm listening for the first time. If the album's anything like these two mp3's, I'll be more than happy.

Feel free to download more mp3's from their other albums here at their site.

Here's the tracklist as I received via Pichfork, who wrote a little news article on the new album today. I was planning to post on them today anyways before I saw that. LIE.

01 La Dame et la Licorne
02 Red Sea, Black Sea
03 White Waves
04 Palo Santo
05 Seventy-four, Seventy-five
06 Nobody
07 Sing, Little Birdie
08 Johnny Viola
09 Failed Queen
10 Hail, Mary
11 Going Is Song

Buy their new album here.

Enjoy. Hopefully get around to posting their album Winged Life sometime, it's great. I'll be back sometime if I have can find anything to eat around the neighborhood so I don't die of starvation. I heard a new family just moved down the street, and supposedly they have a newborn. That was terrible, I'm sorry, cannibalism is bad. Or you can just click on the ads, whichever. Really though, I appreciate all the ad clicks we've been receiving the past few days, it really means a lot to us. And our doctors.
-Sean

Comments:
asdfkjasdf

I have been looking for "Winged Life" forever. I need to borrow it from you at some point.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?