Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 
Hello all my dear friends, today is the birthday of your humble blogger. In order to celebrate my 16th birthday (at last) and the start of summer, I've decided to make you a mix.

It's not really summer yet, but it's close enough. I'm not a huge fan of summer. It's just too goddamn hot. And Winter's too cold. Spring and Fall are perfect. But anyways, hopefully this will start you all out on a successful and happy summer.

Tonight I'm going to see The Boy Least Likely To at the Knitting Factory in New York. Should be fun. Maybe I'll see one of you there. If you want to meet me, just yell out "Joe Strummer" repeatedly and I'll find you. Rapists, let it be known that I'll be packing as always. Umm Giselle might be going...perhaps...maybe. She never really gave me a definite answer.


EDIT: I just called Giselle and she can't go to the show tonight. She's no longer licing. I'm joking, she had some family thing. So I have an extra ticket. If anyone wants it, wait at the entrance, randomly shouting "Joe Strummer" and I'll give it you. We can be best friends.

To summer-ize: AWESOME.

TRACKLIST:
I. Saturday Looks Good To Me - When The Party Ends *How could you not love this song?*
II. The Mae Shi - Vampire Beats
III. Ted Leo - The Ballad of el Goodo (Big Star) *I prefer this one to the orignal*
IV. Sambassadeur - Kate
V. The State of Samuel - Square Roots
VI. Godspeed You Black Emperor ft Cassius Clay (McSleazy Bootleg) *Giselle doesn't care for these two Cassius Clay mashups, this and #22. I think they're amazing though. Cassius Clay is also one of my heroes though.*
VII. Tullycraft - 8 Great Ways
VIII. Shearwater - Johnny Viola *Favorite off the new album. Agree?*
IX. The Faces - Ooh La La
X. The Jesus and Mary Chain - My Girl
XI. Jim Guthrie - Nighttime-Anytime (It's Alright) (By the Constantines)
XII. Les Parisiennes - L'Argent ne Fait Pas le Bonheur
XIII. Pavement & Jay-Z - In The Mouth, An Encore
XIV. The Zombies - Summertime *At this point, I tried to get some summer songs in here.*
XV. The Robot Ate Me - The Genocide Ball
XVI. Of Montreal - Where Eagles Dare (Misfits)
XVII. Band of Horses - The Funeral *Song of the year so far in my opinion.*
XVIII. The Pixies Three - Summertime USA
XIX. Marmoset - Chinese Checkers
XX. Jawbreaker - Accident Prone *One of my favorite songs of all time*
XXI. Les Angles Morts - Whats Real Summer
XXII. Mogwai ft Cassius Clay (McSleazy Bootleg)
XXIII. The Mountain Goats - Sometimes I Still Feel The Bruise *Song off the new Australian Tour Only EP Babylon Springs.*
XIV. Mono - Halcyon (Edit) *The best thing my older brother has ever shown me.*

It's just over 80 minutes. Sorry, but I couldn't cut off any song, I just felt too bad.


My present to you.

Umm, I'll be back sometime soon hopefully. I'm busy with the end of school and finals and all that though.
-Sean

Comments:
But Sean you're only turning thirteen, kid. It's not right to lie to the blogging community.

In any case, I'm glad you're finally a teen.
 
happy birthday.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?