Monday, June 26, 2006

 
MUSIC

Anathallo - Sparrows

This album/EP has only 7 songs, but all are pretty solid. I have their new full-length, which has 14 songs, and it's gotten some great reviews but I don't care for it all that much in all honesty, at least so far. If you really like this, tell me and I might post their new album though. The song "To Gary And Marcus - The Sovereignty Of God His Omnipresent" on this is a favorite of mine, it's just so beautiful.



7 songs, about 38 minutes

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DG69AEV1

Buy it and their other albums here.


MOVIES

Oldboy

One of the most fucked up movies I've ever seen and it's not like I've seen that many weird movies, but still. It's about an average guy who is imprisoned for 15 years for reasons unknown to him. He's then released after the 15 years to a world completely changed only to have 5 days to find who it was who imprisoned him and more importantly: why? Did I forget to mention that in the 15 years in his imprisonment, he trained and became a supreme master of kung-fu? Yeah.
They're remaking this movie for an American audience for 2008 with allegedly some big names, but I have no concrete word on who will be in it.

IMDB Entry
Purchase

As always, I'll be back soon enough with some more music and words of knowledge in the near future.

Comments:
I love Oldboy. I just made my wife watch it 3 weeks ago. And I just saw Battle Royale last week. Are you following me?

See Infernal Affairs before they remake that too. Excellent.

P.S. Did you see Audition. THAT is the most f**ked up film. Awesome.

--Jimbo
 
Yeah Cecil B. Demented isn't a weird film.


Ha.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?