Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 
MUSIC

The Promise Ring - The Horse Latitudes


Awesome Promise Ring EP. A must have for fans. This was released in between their first two superb albums, "30 Degrees Everywhere" and "Nothing Feels Good", which many people consider the best emo album ever made. I actually prefer 30DE to NFG but whatever. I like "Very Emergency" though quite a bit too, even if they did kind of abandon their old sound and became all super-poppy.

Anyways back to "The Horse Latitudes", it features one of the best songs from 30DE, "A Picture Postcard", but then also "E. Texas Avenue" and "Saturday", two of the best songs the band has ever written. The album starts with a bang with "Watertown Plank" and ends the same way with the ultra-catchy "I Never Trusted the Russians." I trust the Russians. Not that I know any, but still. As I was saying, if you're a fan of emo-pop or emop as we like to call it in the blogging world, you'll like this EP. If people actually call it emop, I just made that up, lame.

8 songs, over 24 minutes:

There will be ice cream

Buy it here.

MOVIES

MARS ATTACKS!

Is an explanation for why I like it really needed for this movie? Tim Burton's best for sure and a great cast. Oh so good.

IMBD Entry
Purchase ONLY $6.99!

I worked for the first time today. It's not that bad, all I had to do was upload 400 pictures to a website, and resize them, but it took forever. As always, I'll try to be back sometime in the near future.
-Sean

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?