Saturday, June 17, 2006

 
A Northern Chorus - Bitter Hands Resign

This Canadian band is very much along the lines of Explosions in the Sky and Mogwai, except with vocals floating over the celestial melodies. First off, I'd like to thank my brother Chris for showing me this band.

Now as for the review, I don't know where to begin so I'm going to be perfectly honest. I'm falling in love with this band and this album. It's 8 songs and 50 minutes, and every moment is truly beautiful. It's just so nice to kick back to while I'm talking to people over the Internet and whatnot. I can't really say enough about it, except that you should go support the band, which you can do so here by buying their albums.

Giselle, I think you would like this band a lot if you don't already. I would tell you this in person, but I hardly ever see you and it's the weekend.

Go listen to the mp3's they posted at their website, which happens to be one of the best band sites I've ever seen so definitely be sure to check it out.

If that isn't enough for you, I guess download the album, and hopefully you'll be so overcome with an uncertain yet natural feeling of proximity to the band that you'll go out and buy their albums. Please do support the band though.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZTRCT95A

I got the link from the Postapocalyptic Vanguard.

It's pretty late. It's almost 2 in the morning. I'm going to go to bed for now, but I'll be back soon with another post.
-Sean

Comments:
this is not the album, it's a crappy video :(
 
The only way you would think this sounds like Mogwai is if you had never actually listened to a Mogwai album.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?