Thursday, June 15, 2006

 
Okkervil River - Stars Too Small To Use

The out-of-print first album by this awesome band. I have no idea why they don't reissue it, I love it! Hopefully you will too. This album is a MUST for fans of Okkervil. It's 7 songs and 31 minutes, but definitely a portent of the brilliant music they would continue making. "Kathy Keller" and "The Velocity of Saul At The Time of his Conversion", the first two tracks are worth the download alone. I don't think it's as good as Black Sheep Boy, or Don't Fall in Love With Everyone You See, but it's much more along the lines of the latter. I have only about 1/2 of the songs on Down the River of Golden Dreams on my computer, so I can't really comment on that one. If anyone could upload it for the site, it would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly though, I could not be happier with these songs. I expected some shitty demo-like songs but it's a really impressive first album. Banjos, wavering vocals, insightful lyrics, what more could you ask for?

Buy it this album you can find it somewhere because I'm legally responsible to say that I think.

This whole wide world isn't wide enough

As I told you, I went to The Boy Least Likely To concert Tuesday night. I have some pictures to upload if I figure out how to use my cell phone. It's weird. I'm damn good with computers and calculators, but I somehow cannot operate a cell phone. I'll be back hopefully within the next few days with the pictures, and a short concert review, but for now I have to study for Finals, or at least attempt studying.
-Sean

Comments:
Nilan, you're terrible with computers.
 
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TQCQOGER

thanks for stars too small to use.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?