Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Salty Pirates

Well it's been a while. I'm still alive, and still very much in luv with the sounds of young Sweden. The kids of Salty Pirates want to "make bombs not pop songs," but luckily they do more of the latter. Their songs are fun and witty and just a fucked up kind of cute. Here are some of my favorites:

My Academic Beard(highly recommended..."you say there's nothing Nietzsche could teach ya")
I Lost My Virginity to the Voice of Per Gessle
Fire Deathstar, Fire
Black Minds, White Lies
Wake Up Alone
All That Glitters Can Be Gold (lo-fi! short! sweet! not Smashmouth-y!)

They have many more mp3s on their website (under musik), so you can go and download the entire Salty Pirates discography. Then please go to their Last.fm page and approve the picture, submitted by none other than yours truly. They need a picture, but I also need to feel like I've done something important with my life. Thank you.

-emily

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?