Thursday, July 06, 2006

 
I was talking Giselle while listening to Pedro The Lion today, so inevitably we started talking about them. I found out she only has one album and I decided to do a Pedro post of some albums I have. Enjoy!

Control was released in 2002 and in it Pedro expresses their christian faith in an indie rock style. Although this is not a typical christan rock album, as opposed to the standard christan rock message Pedro The Lion's "songs are about believing in, questioning, and challenging his faith." Not to mention they sound amazing doing it. David Bazan's voice is unique, downbeat, somber, and very appropriate for the music. I highly recommend this album especially songs Indian Summer and Priests & Paramedics.
10 tracks; 40:18 minutes long.

Download.

Support the band and buy it here.

Achilles Heel was Pedro's fifth release right after Control. This album, unlike Control, is not so based on storytelling as much as a personal political commentary (but don't let this turn you off, it is pulled off beautifully and is an excellent release by Pedro The Lion). The sound of this album is much like Control, except with less singles in my personal opinion, but this album does offer great songs and it is worth it for fans.
11 tracks; 38:13 minutes long.


Download.
Support the band and buy it here.


This is Pedro's release entitled "Whole." Not a whole lot I can say about it, it's a nice little EP for everyone who really likes Pedro (like me). I like Control and Achilles Heel better myself, but this is a solid EP if you're a fan of Pedro.
6 tracks; 22:28 minutes long.

Download.
Support the band and buy it here.





Peace & Love,
Spencer.

Comments:
Yo thanks, I've been a fan of Control for a couple years (Indian Summer definitely wins for best song on the album) and I'll definitely check the others out.
 
Bazan can do no wrong. Headphones are pretty good too.
 
Yeah, Headphones, and Bazan's solo project are good, although I don't have much of either
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?